Outline for Little Berks Talk
How I Got Started
Evolution of Blog
- from sandbox to scholarship
- see category cloud for themes — women’s history, medical history, disability history, childhood/youth
- reports from the field — e.g. conference reviews
- some political commentary, silliness, hobbies
Graduate History Course:
- course blog
- blogging as reflective practice
- mixed results
- “digital natives” more interested in Facebook than blogging
- very low traffic
- busiest day was right after Big Berks and “Bre’r Rusticus” article at History News Network
- what happened to H-Women
- H-Net goes 2.0 — Matrix
- need for critical mass of bloggers and social scholars for robust exchange to occur [see roundup at Berks Blog]
- why not start your own blog?
Make a Comment
Subscribe Via RSS
Professor of History at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, CT.
Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...